Friday, February 10, 2017

2/12/17-2/18/17 Blog Post

Positive Phone Calls Home
Thank you to everyone for submitting names.  I won't get all the calls done this week but will be able to finish next week.  If you put a name on there they will be called.  This is just taking me a little longer than I expected with this crazy week.

Thank you dance team for leading an impromptu dance session in the multi and a bigger thanks to JeriAnn for all your work around I Love Reading Month and getting students books!

Casino Night
Thank you for filling out info about your art project on the doc.  Also thank you to all those that are coming.  When talking to some new parents about Casino Night their first question was, "Will teachers and staff be there as well?"  Parents enjoy getting to spend time with you.  Also in case you didn't hear Jose Cortez a parent of a 2nd grader here at Stoneridge and owner of La Fiesta is donating all catering.  That saves us around $4,500 and that money will go directly to programs for our students.
One last reminder to fill in a yes or no if you can go or not on the doc.  Thanks!
2017 Casino Night Art and Attendance Doc

100th Day of School Fun

Best Practice
Please work with your grade level to bring a best practice to the staff meeting on Wednesday.  Below is the agenda.
2/15/17 Staff Agenda

Clay with our TK friends

Pennies for Patients
One last push for change for Pennies for Patients.  Donations end next week!

Small group math instruction in Sheila's class

Podcasts I Have Been On
I was talking to a teacher about a podcast I was on last month and they were asking why I never put that in the blog or let our teachers know.  Honestly it is a little weird to link what I write and say since you guys know me and probably hear enough from me already.  The teacher said just put it on the blog and those that want to listen can and those that don't want to listen don't have to.  So here are the 3 podcasts I have been on over the past year.  If you don't like that I put it here let me know so I can give you the teachers name and you can yell at her :)  There is zero expectation to ever listen to these.
Kids Deserve It Podcast with Todd Nesloney and Adam Welcome from 8/7/16 (13 minutes)
Wired Educator Podcast with Kelly Croy from Early October (45 minutes also known as way too long)
Unearthed Podcast with Brad Gufstason and Ben Gilpin from last month (12 minutes)

More 100th Day of School Fun

A Look at the Weeks Ahead
2/13 No School
2/14 Staff Lunch- Italian theme
2/15 Staff meeting- See agenda above
2/17 4th grade students will get to taste salad from the garden at lunch
2/20 No School
2/23 IEP Day, Family Writing Night 6pm-8pm

Salt tray for word work in Kelli's class

Interesting Articles I Read This Week
How to Help Students With Executive Functioning- Cult of Pedagogy
Public Schools Beat Private Schools- Boston Globe
5 Non-Negotiables of Project-Based Learning Professional Development
Now what? Five tips for #educators to #resist-Blog by SARAHDATEECHUR

Recorders are here for 4th and 5th graders.  Get used to that sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment