I will be sending this letter out to parents on Monday Thank You Letter to Families and Staff. On Wednesday morning I will have coffee and bagels for everyone. We will start at 8:45 and I will give an end of the year presentation like I usually do going over accomplishments from this year. I will also go over some of my memories from the past four years and what you and this school have meant to me. I am sure I will say it then, but the one thing I want to make sure I say over and over is just how thankful I am for all of you. This has been an amazing journey for me the past four years. It is hard to express how much I love it here and how thankful I am. Four years of learning, growth, building relationships and having fun are hard to sum up. I am lucky that this is not goodbye since I will see you all as a parent, friend, and working for our district. As I have said before, I am not sure where my journey in life will take me. I am sure though that these four years have helped me become a better person, leader, educator and I had so much fun doing it. I am excited that almost everyone will be able to get together at La Fiesta to celebrate together all our hard work this year and really the previous four years as well. Being a principal was way better than I could have ever imagined. I have all of you to thank for that.
House Sorting Today and House Leaders
We are going to have everyone go to the quad at 11:30.
3rd and 4th Grade Teachers:
Students who ran for House leader but did not get it will go to the Learning Center at 11:15.
Then dismiss the House Leaders at 11:20 to go to the Library to meet.
Please do not tell them they are the House Leaders or are not, I will let them know and talk to them.
| There will be small changes to this next year to make it better but overall a huge success. I hope this tradition continues. |
BYOD Email to Parents
We sent out this letter to parents this week BYOD Flyer
| Painting in Kathy's class. |
Grades
Just a reminder grades are due on Monday 6/12 by 11:59pm. There is a help desk available over the weekend if you need any help. They are available Saturday and Sunday 8am-5pm. The phone number is 916-771-1645.
| So proud of our students for their speeches. |
Checkout
Before you checkout please make sure the Stoneridge Data sheet is updated for 3rd trimester. Staples in the wall, tape of the desk, tape off the cubbies are the big things from the custodians.
| First grade getting ready for the Bug Show! |
Rags
If you have any old shirts or rags the custodians could use them for over summer. If you have any please put them in the box in the staff.
| When you are in 5th grade and you still get to wear a crown for your birthday. |
Computers over Summer
Laura Assem sent an email on 6/5 about computers over summer. Please make sure you read it. If you have any questions feel free to let me know.
| Fantastic genius hour presentation on what soda does to your body. |
A Look at the Week Ahead
6/12 Yearbook signing party 9:30-10:50. Grades due by 11:59 pm.
6/13 Last day of school, all K-5 students get out at 1:52
6/14 We will start at 8:45. Breakfast will be provided. La Fiesta at 4:30.
| W is for Watermelon in Kindergarten's 26 days of fun. |
Interesting Articles I Read this Week
You Are Not a Number- George Couros
5 Things Teachers Do Every Day That Are a Complete Waste of Time- We are Teachers
Installing a No Zero Policy- Teach Thought
Three Ways to Help Students Develop Intrinsic Motivation- NY Times Education Blog
Why Shouldn't Teachers Become Principals?- Peter DeWitt in EdWeek A good article in response to the article I shared last week about teachers leaving the classroom to become administrators.
Delaying the Grade: How to Get Students to Read Feedback- Cult of Pedagogy This is a small difference that some of you already do. This might apply more to grades 2-5. By delaying the grade students are more likely to read feedback.
The Demolition of American Education- NY Times
What we just learned from Betsy DeVos’s painful appearance before Congress- Washington Post

No comments:
Post a Comment