Happy Friday! And congratulations on an amazing first FULL week! When I was getting my admin credential, one of the presenters shared that work as a school leader is both exhausting and exhilarating and exhausting and I couldn't agree more-- for all of us in education! It's the best work, and also weeks like these remind me how important it is to rest, recharge, and unplug so we can bring our best for kids every day!
This week, I'm highlighting two ingredients that I think are so important to our work-- bringing our passion and showing appreciation! You are probably tired of hearing about my passion for Maroon 5 and Adam ;) but truly it impacts my work! Last October I went to the Maroon 5 concert and the whole time a blog post was running in my mind. I couldn't wait to get home and write! I'm sharing this for two reasons, one to show how you can bring passion to work, and two, how blogging can help us think out loud, reflect, and share. If you've never blogged and have been thinking about it, dive in! If you think you have nothing to write, you do. And it doesn't matter who reads it. Maybe no one will. Writing rocks. It clears your mind. Just write. Ideas are everywhere! Here's my Maroon 5 inspired post from last October! Leadership Lessons From Maroon 5
Along those lines, if you don't think you have anything to share, present, etc, etc-- here is a video I love! Obvious to you, amazing to others!
Finally, I learned long ago that one of the most important things we can do in our work is appreciate each other! Shelley Burgess, one of the authors of Lead Like A Pirate inspired me with her ideas for framing notes for classroom visits. Next week, I'll be stopping by with notes inspired by this ANCHOR model-- A is for appreciation. Here is her post in case you'd like to read more about it.
Music & Mindfulness
Here is one of my favorite TED X talks of all times- and one that inspired work-life-balance and happiness and health as school-wide initiatives. This speaker from Truckee was 13 at the time, wise beyond his years! Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment