Thank you for the great week. I feel lucky to be part of this staff. We are off to a great start.
As we get into a routine I will try to have the blog posts done by Friday or Saturday that way you have them ready for the week.
Here are a few things I said I would follow up on:
-You asked how to directly reach Diane in the front office directly. You call 771-1830 and as soon as you hear the automated system press 6 and it will go right to the front office. It doesn't take long.
-Here are the days for CELDT Testing. I do not have the list of students yet of who is going on which day.
Monday, August 31, you will have 4 examiners at Stoneridge all day.
Monday, September 8 you will have 2 examiners there for the morning only
Tuesday, September 15, you'll have 4 more examiners there for the all day.
You asked about what the district will be collecting for data for math. It sounds like there will be no need to collect physical tests but it will be like last year where you put what percent proficient out of how many students we have. They are still working out the details but the link to the Tri 1 assessment snapshot can be found here:
Here is the character assembly dates and themes. If for some reason you see a conflict on a date for the school let me know. I will update the school calendar with these next week.
Staff Happy Hours are on the school calendar. The first one is September 3rd at BJs. We can decide where you want future ones. For the most part they will be the first Thursday of every month. Once again if you can make it great if not no worries.
We will always have a section with a look ahead for the week. I will include if I am off campus just so you know since I know you always are wondering where I am and all the fun meetings I get to sit through. My meetings will be in italics just so it is different.
A look ahead at the week:
8/24 Playground Rules K-2 9:00-9:15 and 3-5 9:30-9:45. First PLC day.
8/25 I'm at Leadership in the morning
8/26 I'm at Conduct Training at the Seavey center all morning
8/27 Ice Cream Social 6pm-7pm
In case you want to see what a Kinder student looks like after their first day of school, here you go:
| Quote from Ella on Thursday night, "Dad can you read the book faster, I'm tired and need to go to sleep." |
Have a great weekend everyone and see you on Monday!
Interesting Articles I Read this Week:
Washington Post: Why Kids Need Less Class Time and More Play Time at School
Bedtime Stories for Young Brains
Growth Mindset Read Aloud Hyperdocs
Bedtime Stories for Young Brains
Growth Mindset Read Aloud Hyperdocs
No comments:
Post a Comment