You think Kim is ready for TK?
Second, thank you Kim for having everyone over on Friday night! It is always great to hangout with everyone outside of school.
Love a little competition before school starts
I know many of you have talked about how as you get closer to school you start having teacher dreams and I used to as well but now I have principal dreams. What do principal dreams look like? I couldn't make this up if I tried. On Friday night I had a dream that one of you (I won't say which one) ripped my blog. Not for having a blog itself but because you couldn't believe the font I used. Then last night I had a dream that there was a line outside my door and the first teacher in (again won't say who) came in to tell me they were leaving school for another school the day before school started. So there you go, in case you want to know the scary dreams principals have, now you have an idea :)
Here are a few reminders for the next few days.
The time for Cooley tomorrow is 8:30-3:30. Please make sure you are there are time. Please remember to bring your Teacher Edition book and your computer. I spoke with everyone at Kim's but parking might be an issue since so many people will all be at one school site. Last year on that Monday before school started we had a PD that let's be honest was not all that great. I am hopeful this one will be much more beneficial and allow us to better understand how we will use the new math curriculum. If for some reason it is not all that great though I expect all of us to be able to learn something that will help our teaching and help our students.
| Info for parents in 1st grade |
Below is the document that has which class you are going and getting on BTSN, map since we have had so many changes this year, and the schedule again if you need. Once again students will be in the rooms for about 5-10 minutes and then the assigned teacher will go get that class and bring them out to the playground. So for example if you see on there Reidt and Moore are paired up. If it were me I would just go to their room right at the start time in case that teacher isn't going to have the kids in their room long. So at 5:30 Jill should be outside Becky's room ready to take her kids when they are ready. Then at around 6:10 Becky should be outside Jill's room ready to take her kids out to the playground whenever she is ready. Santos and Fridly will be watching the Kinder students who will all stay in their playground. Let me know if you have any questions or if I did that wrong.
BTSN Info Doc
At Kim's house it was brought up if students are coming into the room and sitting down. I don't care what you decide to do but I would have it be all the same for each grade level. It was brought up to maybe leave the parents outside and have the kids come in to see what their room looks like but not have them sit down. Once again this is up to you but must be the same for your grade level so talk and do what you want.
One thing that you wanted me to add to my talk when I walk around is to mention parking. I will add it to my list. Once again when I come in I will try to be quick because I know you have a lot to talk about (Becky already warned me not to take up too much of her time). It also will be a tight fit for me to get around to each class so I apologize, I'm not trying to be rude but when I arrive I am going to start talking. I will talk fast but hopefully not too fast. Once again here is what I will be talking about:
-Things we accomplished last year like PLTW schoolwide
-Getting involved with our school, volunteer, PTC, Watch DOGS, ect
-How to connect with us using Twitter and Remind
-Parking-Things to look forward to this year. More science labs, PLTW continuing, music in Kinder, grades 3-5 using their Google kids accounts.
Last thing is last year I gave certain things I wanted you to talk about with parents. There is no list like that this year. There is only two goals for BTSN. First parents need know where they will be getting information from you throughout the year. The much bigger goal is to make sure students and parents are excited for the school year and for their child to be in your class! Our enthusiasm will allow them to know that their child will be taken care and they are lucky to have you as their teacher.
| Love this, "I've been waiting for you!" All students should feel like we are waiting for them to come to our school! |
In case you need it one more time here are the agendas for us on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday I provide breakfast and Wednesday is Chick FilA for lunch. Please bring you phone and computer to the meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday.
August 18th
August 19th
Feel free to tweet out pics about how you are excited for school to start over the next few days. Have fun at BTSN and thanks again, I know you have all put in a lot of work getting ready for having BTSN before school starts!
Stoneridge Rocks!
ReplyDelete