Also thank you to those that came and watched Most Likely to Succeed on Monday. Movie definitely makes some good points about traditional education and what really is the best way for students to truly learn and not just "play school".
| Our 5th graders at Eich Step Up day |
Report Cards
I think it is helpful to finish one ahead of the others and print it out just to make sure there are no issues. Also a reminder do not select A for final grade. If you have any questions about report cards please let me know.
Also I am planning on emailing out this letter to all parents when the report card goes home. Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to change.
Letter Home With Report Card
| Last Skate Night of the year raised $1100. |
Articulation Card
Here is the online articulation card again if you need. This is the first year that I haven't withheld certain kids to place them. I am letting you guys do it but that also means that as always there will have to be some adjustments after you place students. I really try not to change much. I appreciate everyone willing to do this online. If you need any help at all please let me know and I will be more than willing to help.
2016-2017 Articulation/Class Placement
| Choir performing at the last Assembly |
A Look at the Next Two Weeks Ahead
There is obviously a lot going on so if I am missing anything please let me know
5/30 Memorial Day No School
5/31
6/1 Last PTC Meeting, including new board elections 3:30-4:30. PTC will be inviting everyone to go to House of Oliver after (they aren't paying just getting people together). This isn't something you need to feel like you need to go at all but just letting you know since I know some like a good reason to go have a glass of wine :)
6/2
6/3 Field Day
6/6 Articulation during PLC
6/7 Min day
6/8 Min day, Yearbook signing party 9:45-10:50. 5th grade celebration, all students line the path to the Mulit at 11:05. Staff Meeting 2:15-3:15, agenda coming next week
6/9 Min day, Last day of school
6/10 Short meeting in the morning with breakfast, room checkout (sign up coming next week). Staff party at Robin's house.
| Principal for the day Natasha reading Giraffes Can't Dance |
Interesting Articles I Read
5 Highly Effective Teaching Practices- Edutopia
Homework, Friend or Foe- Education Week
How Spelling Supports Reading Thanks again to Christi for sharing. Both things she has sent talk about spelling instruction and teaching the patterns. I like how this article talks about application in writing after instruction and not just a traditional spelling test.
Switch Day at Webb Elementary- Todd Nesloney Blog Something we could talk about for next year. I personally think it would be fun to switch classes for one hour with another teacher in a different grade level. Not something we have to do but we will talk to see if anyone would be interested.
Who Wants a Job- Adam Welcome Blog This goes along really well with the movie Most Likely to Succeed. We need to stop acting like we know what type of jobs will be out there in the future. Instead are we igniting passion for learning and are we having students use the 4 C's since almost all the jobs still require creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration. Perfect example is the idea that Amazon has a whole drone department they need to hire. Who would have ever thought about that 10 years ago?
No comments:
Post a Comment