If you would like help on how to reset student passwords Jake will be going over how to do that at 3:15 on Monday (10/3) during PLC. This applies mainly to teachers in grades 3-5 right now. Here is an instructional video (with no sound) of how to do it.
Video Explaining How To Reset Student Email Passwords
| A Touch of Understanding at Stoneridge. |
Siblings around during Art Docent, Science Docent, Daily 5
There have been some questions around when younger siblings are allowed on campus during school hours. The district has made it really clear that they don't think younger siblings should be around during school hours if the parent is volunteering. I am fine leaving it up to teacher's decision when it comes to things like class parties. Anything academic or where instruction is being given there should be no younger siblings. This includes art docent, science docent or Daily 5. If you have questions or feel different please let me know and we can discuss.
| Talking community and helpers in Kathy's class. Students worked together to make these posters. |
Talent Show Dance
On Wednesday at the staff meeting we will vote on one of these 4 songs for the staff dance: ABC, Ghostbusters, Shout, Thriller. I know we talked about Ghostbusters but I know some people felt we should vote. So at the staff meeting we will vote and whichever one has the most votes wins.
| I have this marble run in my office. If anyone ever wants to borrow it for choice time or anything else feel free to grab it off my shelf and give it back when you are done. |
Lunch Baskets
If anyone still needs another lunch basket I have extra in my office.
Food
A reminder that students cannot bring in donuts or other foods to share with the class except on the party days or days specified by you the teacher. Diane and Luisa do a great job turning people away but if a parent does bring in a treat please tell them sorry you can't pass those out. The same applies to field trips. If the parent has any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.
| Verbs have different endings poster. |
Just a reminder that any paperwork going home asking for money for field trips must say donation. If someone is not able to pay they still go and you just need to get Diane the information so she can do a scholarship through PTC.
| Testing out cars in 4th grade PLTW. |
A Look at the Week Ahead
10/3 Lockdown drill 10:35
10/4 I will be at the district all day (Leadership in the morning, Single Plan for Student Achievement meeting in the afternoon). I will be back around 3.
10/5 Walk to School Day, Staff Meeting 3:30-4:30, here is the agenda October 5, 2016 Agenda
10/6 Turn SLS writing into Diane
10/7 SLS Lunch
| Science Docent in 1st grade |
Interesting Articles I Read
She Looked Like Me- Scholastic Blog (Todd Nesloney)
I Turn 40 Next Month and Pretty Much My Whole Life I Felt Dumb. I am Not.- Alice Keeler- Great article about mathematical mindset and math anxiety.
Class is Better With Music- Matt Vaudry- Good resources on here for transition songs and tunes.
How Pineapple Charts Revolutionize PD- Cult of Pedagogy- Follow up to the article I posted last week on Pineapple Charts
Ron Clark Academy Experience Video
Setting Up Positive Math Norms in Class- Jo Boaler
No comments:
Post a Comment