Wednesday, September 6, 2017

September 7th #powerofkindness


As I watch the news, I am awestruck by not only the tragedy that seems to occur daily-- everything from fires, to floods, and the hurricane headed towards Florida-- and yet I am in awe of the overwhelming support and kindness that reaches out and embraces communities in need. I am filled with gratitude for my family, and friends, and also this Stoneridge community I am blessed to be a part of. Sometimes, it can feel hopeful, and yet I am reminded of the power of one kind word, an email, even a smile or a hug. Thank you for being such a wonderful team! I am working my way through classrooms with notes of appreciation and I hope you feel valued in all of the busy that school and life can be! I have loved starting off the Kind Kids Club in first grade this week, and know that even our littlest learners have the power to change the world. Thank you for helping them each day to be happy! This is a great place to be-- even when it's 110 degrees!

Have a wonderful Friday and weekend! (And just a reminder that I am off campus tomorrow afternoon and Friday at a conference in San Diego.) I'm so excited to see the ocean!

Hurricane Relief for Kimmie Brown
Read our latest family blog post here about our support for Kimmie Brown Elementary in Dayon, Texas. http://rcsdstoneridge.blogspot.com/2017/09/stoneridge-has-adopted-kimmie-brown.html We are starting with a Wal Mart gift card drive.

Kind Kids Club is off and running!
These scouts were AMAZING!
If you would like to see the Kind Kids Club year at a glance, here is the document with the grade level info. It's a work in progress and I'm working on it with my former counselor Caroline Hines. You can connect with Caroline on Twitter! 







Personalized PD
On September 20th, we will be nailing down our personalized PD projects. I have sorted the sticky notes in the staff room into similar topics. Do you have a new idea? Check out the board, and add more if you think of something else! So excited by all of the great ideas up there!

Have a WONDERFUL, COOL weekend!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment