Friday, September 22, 2017

September 22 #newbaby



Congratulations Kristen, we will miss you and are so excited for your new little guy to arrive! We hope you have some time to rest and charge up in anticipation of your sweet boy! I saw this Kid President video and it reminded me of you. Best wishes to you and your family!



As I was shopping for diapers this week, I realized first that I am getting old! Wow, there are so many kinds of diapers! My oldest is 25 and things have sure changed. It seems like just yesterday and I still remember the excitement and sheer exhaustion of having a newborn... and how some days we just zonked out for a nap together! This is how we both felt!


As I drove home, I couldn't stop thinking about the way I felt then, and how a new baby is a great analogy for life. A new school year brings anticipation, excitement, hopes and dreams, and exhaustion-- and so we celebrate our new school year baby! Our other new bundle of joy this year? All of the magic that is inspired by Ron Clark-- essentials, houses, SPARK, and assemblies-- the list is endless. That, too, brings hope and big dreams of things to come, and with it a big boost of energy to get things off the ground that can leave us feeling drained, like the little guy in the picture above. 

And so, as we welcome the new, we are also reminded that we need to take care of ourselves, and each other. Although it feels like a sprint, we're really running a marathon here, and we need to pace ourselves to get through it. I hope that this first day of fall and the coming weekend are restful for you and filled with joy. Cheers to our new adventure! And to the Benato family!








Music & Mindfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment