Friday, October 13, 2017

October 13, 2017 #positivereferrals #classicalgoespop



Happy Friday the 13th! I hope your day isn't too crazy! My day just got started off with something awesome-- a hug from a 4th grader in  the office as he dropped off his attendance. But not just any 4th grader- this one has been in my office a few times, and already suspended this year. I heard him say "good morning, Mrs. Kloczko" and noticed his Diary of A Wimpy Kid shirt. We talked about that for a minute and then I got a hug. LOVE that. Made my day. He looked so happy. And I realized I really might not even know his name unless he had been in my office for fighting. That was our connection. 

And it made me think about the names I know... and how many I don't. The names I know are your VIPs, some TK kindergarten cryers, staff kids, kids I see at the crosswalk, and some super outgoing kids who come up to me on a regular basis. Not nearly enough, and I keep thinking about what Kim Bearden said at Ron Clark about their goal to have EVERY kid feel seen and loved. And every adult on campus. Over the next few weeks, we'll work on finding ways to connect and support our kids who may not feel seen and loved, and how to see and support everyone on our campus, including each other. We'll be working on filling your toolbox with some things to help you with your high flyers who are asking for attention in  the most unloving ways. I know it's hard and I appreciate your hard work. If you have a student who could benefit from some positive attention or has been awesome please let me know! Or a staff member who did or shared something amazing? I'd love to make a positive phone call home! I've created a positive office referral form for this purpose. 


In case you still need to turn in the personalized PD doc for your group...

Google Classroom & Personalized PD
I am very excited by all of the topics you all have chosen for your Personalized PD! You can check out the topics on the Padlet below. Most people shared the group doc with me, but only one group turned it in in Google Classroom, so I think I probably need to be clearer :) Once your group has completed your Personalized PD Doc, please "turn it in" to Google Classroom (just one doc per group). If you go to classroom.google.com, your class will show up there. If you aren't sure how to turn in an assignment, I have included an instructional video below. Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks!



Made with Padlet



*The doc is now updated with the most recent dates on top!



Music & Mindfulness
Check out this You Tube Playlist of pop songs-- there are tons if you just search ;) I also discovered Classical Goes Pop on Pandora. Great for your classroom! Here is the link to this playlist https://youtu.be/H31z99-EgYU


Have a FABULOUS weekend! ~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment