*The doc is now updated with the most recent dates on top! Everything you need to know is here.
A Little Inspiration :)
We are here to be amazing! So proud of my friend Hamish.
You might have seen this video, just thought I would share. And I am so proud to be on this amazing journey with all of you-- making our school the best it can be for our kids! I am not sure but I think he must have gone to Ron Clark-- I spy some house things in this video.

Student Celebrations
Michelle Han (5th grader from Mrs. Pointer's class) and Preston Le, Noel M., Sophia Han (4th graders from Mrs. Robertson) representing Stoneridge Elementary, attended SacMath Contest at Winston Churchill Middle School on last Saturday 10/21/17. There were 63 students participating in Elementary division, from many school districts like San Juan, Folsom Cordova, Roseville, Eureka, and Rocklin. All four kids won trophy/medals:
On 4th grade level, Preston won 1st place medal for Individual Totals, and is qualified for State level Contest held at UC Davis.
On 5th grade level, Michelle won 5st place medal for Individual Totals, and is qualified for State level Contest held at UC Davis.
On Sweepstakes, Michelle, Preston, Noel and Sophia together won 2nd place trophy for Division 5 Team Test.
SacMath is a regional contests in Sacramento area, working with national MathLeague.org (which runs contests in Bay Area and Midwest). It contains four parts: Number Sense, Sprint,Target, and Team tests. Team can be made of 1-4 students from the same school. Just like MOEMS, SacMath also run 4-5 times per year, 1 Saturday in a month, from October through April. It's a great supplement and fun activity for those kids who are interested in math. Please encourage more kids to join SacMath Contest.
Here is the website for more detailed information: http://sacmath.webs.com/
Caught Being Awesome!
If you have a student who could benefit from some positive attention or has been awesome please let me know! Or a staff member who did or shared something amazing? I'd love to make a positive phone call home! I've created a positive office referral form for this purpose.
Love these topics!
No comments:
Post a Comment