Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a fantastic start. I absolutely loved the trip to The Ron Clark Academy with Stephanie, Christina, and Shannon and am still processing all of the amazing things I saw during my two days there. The kids were INCREDIBLE! As a new person to Stoneridge, I have struggled how to support and lead what was started last year and many questions I had were answered. There were so many things to learn and love there, and yet something Ron Clark said stood out to me more than any other... what they are focused on there is simple and yet complex:
phenomenal instruction and relationships
And not just with students-- everyone in their building. It's important not to overlook how much the adults in a school need each other, and the most important thing we can do is lift each other up. Does every person in our school feel seen and loved? Cherished and celebrated? So much to think about.
Over the next few weeks we have the opportunity to connect with each other on these questions and more. Our next whole staff meeting is on the 18th, and I'm excited to continue our journey together with instruction and relationships in mind. At times, our work can seem overwhelming, with PD cycles, Ron Clark, houses, PLCs, data and more that divide our time and energy and can feel disconnected at times. I keep reminding myself that forward progress rarely happens in a straight line-- we just need to keep moving! Between the 18th, and our two PD days on the 30th and 31st, I'm hoping that we can begin to connect the dots between all of these seemingly unrelated items together. I'm excited to be on this journey with you! Over the next few weeks, I will be sending out a Google form to allow you to provide feedback, to ask questions, to share ideas, and to reflect on where we are so far with our RCA-inspired work. Your feedback will help with planning our upcoming PD in this area.
Google Classroom & Personalized PD
I am very excited by all of the topics you all have chosen for your Personalized PD! You can check out the topics on the Padlet below. Most people shared the group doc with me, but only one group turned it in in Google Classroom, so I think I probably need to be clearer :) Once your group has completed your Personalized PD Doc, please "turn it in" to Google Classroom (just one doc per group). If you go to classroom.google.com, your class will show up there. If you aren't sure how to turn in an assignment, I have included an instructional video below. Please let me know if you have questions. Thanks!
*I haven't updated it yet, but I will be re-organizing this doc so the most recent dates are on top. Sorry for ALL of the scrolling! By next week at the latest.



No comments:
Post a Comment