Sunday, November 26, 2017

November 26 #purplecow #wearestoneridge #wearefamily

Dates & Details
Everything you need to know is in the doc embedded at the bottom of this post.


During the break, I have enjoyed following along with your adventures to faraway places, the beach, and hanging out at home-- taking time to rest, to spend time with friends and family, and to relax and recharge! I didn't go anywhere too exciting, but I have slept in almost every day, taken walks, and have done a ton of reading. I always feel this break is so needed and it makes me realize how truly exhausting the work we are doing is. Being ALL IN takes everything we have and I hope your break has been just what you needed!

My reading has been varied... continuing the Dragon Tattoo series, reading the BFG by Roald Dahl, and listening to Seth Godin's Tribes book. I am not quite done, and I am blown away! 

It is clear to me that we are a tribe at Stoneridge. We are united by our dreams and goals to make school an unforgettable experience, to be different by design, and I am so excited to be on this path with you. In his book, he talks about the purple cow, and I can't help but think that THIS is us. What do I know for sure? People are already talking about us. Teachers want to come work at our school because of what you are doing. I believe that we have the potential to become the RCA of the west coast-- where educators will visit to learn and take what they see back to their schools. Parents are requesting tours. I believe our school will be full soon! 

I also believe my role is to support you, to give you the time, the resources, and the freedom to fly-- and to try! We are bound to make mistakes as we dare to be different. WE are the purple cow and we were born to stand out! 
#wearestoneridge


#wearefamily
You will also notice that I have taken down the paper tree on the wall in the staff lounge, and replaced it with frames and a few words. One of the things that struck me the most at Ron Clark was the family photos around the school, and pictures of staff. I am so grateful to be a part of the Stoneridge school family! Please add a 4 x 6 photo of your family to our wall by adding it to one of the frames there. I can't wait to see our family gallery take shape! 











2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! I can't wait to see our school family up there! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete