Friday, November 3, 2017

November 3rd #conferences #hashtags #gratitudechallenge


As parent conferences approach, I'd like to share a blog post written by one of my Area 3 Writing Project colleagues Autumn Ernest who teaches in Dixon. During our summer institute in 2012, she wrote this and I shared it on my blog in 2015. I have never forgotten her words that were both hopeful and heartbreaking at the same time. Thank you for loving your students and supporting them along the way. Here you go: The Dreaded Parent-Teacher Conference

Dates & Details
*The doc is now updated with the most recent dates on top! Everything you need to know is here.




Hashtags Here, Hashtags There! Hashtags, Hashtags Everywhere!

It's so fun seeing all of the tweets out of your classrooms, and I love retweeting them on the Stoneridge Twitter feed. Lately I have missed a few and I noticed that we are all using a variety of hashtags and things in the tweets. To make it easier for all of us to follow and retweet, please use the two hashtags below (and any others you'd like) when sharing the awesome story of our school! 

#rcsdstoneridge -- this hashtag is for our school, and is the one parents or fans of our school follow :)
#rcsdchampions -- this is our district hashtag and allows us to share across the district and see what others are doing :)

I follow these hashtags, and retweet in Tweetdeck, a website you can follow tweets and tweet from. Here is a screenshot of what that page looks like for me, and you just add columns for the user or hashtag you want to follow. It helps me not have to look at all 5,000+ people I follow! The first column is our district hashtag, and the second our school one. Such an easy way to follow along! Hope this helps!


Custodial Reminders
Thank you for your feedback regarding custodians. We are working hard to improve what we do and to be as efficient as possible. One great piece of data is that almost no one knows when their room is cleaned. I am working on getting the schedule typed up to post in rooms. Preschool, K, and 1 are cleaned every day by Silvia. The rest are every other day-- Cedric cleans 31 rooms. WOW! To help our custodians, please have students pick up paper/pencils/etc off of the floor. I also suggest stacking chairs every day, even if you are an every other day clean. It gets the kids building good habits. Thank you!

Gratitude Challenge


During the month of November, I am reminded to be thankful and I find that sharing gratitude makes me feel happy! This month, please join me in a #gratitude challenge! I have some little signs that say "thankful" in the staff room on  the far wall. Please take one and let someone on campus know you are thankful for them, take their picture with the sign, and tweet it out :) Then, they can pass the sign on to someone they are thankful for! Happy Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment