Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 25 #thestruggleisreal #embracethesnuggle

(Storybook Character schedule is in there, too.)

We'll talk about those puppies later... But first celebrations! As you know, I've been touring around with prospective families and teachers who have applied to work in our district and it is always amazing to view our school through the eyes of someone seeing for the first time. One of the parents I toured around this past week was in classrooms while 1st-5th was at recess and still the joy, expectations, and evidence of creativity and student learning was everywhere. When touring the teacher around, we saw everything from PLTW and programming robots in Jill's class, math and science rotations, a room transformation in Erin's room, a student joyfully sharing Bahama sand in Veronica's room, and more. The joy and passion in both the students and adults is clear everywhere.  Thank you for always being so warm and welcoming. This school is so special and I know you all work very hard to make it that way.

And about the puppies... with all of the hard work and the smiles and joy, inside I know we can feel like those pups. Wiped out. Nothing left. In the last week I have been yelled at and called names by a parent, and it's not the first time this year. I know many of you have had parents who challenge and question and can just be not nice. As much as we try to keep a smile on, it still sucks. And hurts. After a three hour drive to Redding Friday after work I was still upset about my day.
And your plate is full, too--report cards are coming for you all and I am sure life is just busy at work and at home.

I usually try to keep it all in and smile and sparkle on, but today I'm just going to own it. This work we do is hard. If you are feeling like this, reach out, ask for help, or a hug :) I'm also going to keep in mind that many things are small when we look at the big picture. In our world we have real loss and sadness and when things are feel hard we just need to hold hands and stick together. When we struggle, let's embrace the snuggle.
Have a happy week.


No comments:

Post a Comment