As we head into the final nine weeks of school, it will get busy! I hope you are taking time for you-- time to unplug and recharge with fun, friends, and family. I stumbled across this April Mindful Living Calendar and hope you can find some things that you enjoy there!
I'm also still reflecting on Monday and the time we spent together-- it was amazing hearing from your personalized PD groups and learning from you. Every day I am thankful to work with such smart and passionate teachers. Additionally, I am looking forward to spending more time learning about our strengths and talents that we just dipped into on Monday. The quote above from Mother Teresa really captures how I feel about the work we do and all of our strengths together are what will make our school successful!
A few updates and things to consider for the end of the year and next... first, testing in grades 3-5 starts May 1st and runs through May 25th. Not all grades text at once, so it's a staggered schedule since we have over 300 kids and only 152 devices schoolwide including the lab. What this means is that we will need to use all of the chromebooks and the lab in the mornings through May 25th. I know this is not ideal and next year we WILL get more devices. We just need more :\ We will also need to borrow all of the headphones we can so that each student has one. And, PE will be a different schedule during testing-- the schedule is in the blog. Please review so that you are aware of the changes.
Finally, just something to ponder and discuss later... next year we will have a PE teacher 4 days a week with Connie & Dan teaming up! The days will be Monday through Thursday and nothing Friday which is a change from this year. This has some implications for our Monday rallies and house meetings, so for now I'd like you to just noodle on that a bit and think about what it might look like to have those on Friday next year as a possibility. I'm thinking this could be a good thing-- but it will also mean we will need to adjust our current bell schedule on Mondays and Fridays before next year.
Happy Friday eve! Thanks for all you do!
Staff Meeting Dates & Agendas April-June - click to access
Dates & Details Doc Click here to open the doc directly to access links


No comments:
Post a Comment