Happy Friday Everyone! I will be learning the next two days at Fall CUE. Super excited to go learn from some great educators.
Next week is Susan's last week and I have already said a lot but figured I would take the chance to thank her one more time. Susan is an amazing teacher, RtI Coordinator, Teacher in Charge, Testing Coordinator just to name a few things she did here. I know how much she has helped many of you whether it was with schedules, working with a student on her caseload, working with students not on her caseload but you needed some help with, or just being there at lunch or before school to answer questions. Becoming a principal straight from teaching I didn't know a lot about the world of Special Education other than just working with students in my classroom. Susan helped me so much by being patient with me and helping me out. I also felt like I had an assistant principal (or maybe to Susan it felt like a co-principal at times) and not many elementary school principals get that. I could always go to Susan to ask her opinion about how to deal with a situation (she was usually a lot more calm than I was if you could believe that). Stoneridge is losing a great educator and a great friend. So thank you again Susan, we all know you will do great in your new position and we will definitely all miss you here.
Color Run Just a reminder to have fun on Monday during the color run. Mindy and her team will get you the packets of color and the list of who gets them. You can give them to students out on the grass field. We already have around 20 volunteers for the event and they will help while we are running. Once again it looks like we raised around $40,000 (if not a little bit more) for our school from Jog. Thank you again to all of you for your work promoting it with students.
Please remind students before you leave your room that color is only to be thrown at the staff. The volunteers will be taking color away from students who are not using it appropriately. At the end please stay on the grass field so we can all get a group picture.
Thank you in advance for being a team player and doing the color run. Obviously I would be lying if I knew exactly how this will all go or what other things I should have planned for. Have fun with it though because we will have a lot of kids going home happy and with some great memories on Monday.
| Dads helping out in Kinder Daily 5 |
Staff Meeting Here is the staff meeting agenda for next week. Oct 28 Staff Meeting Agenda
| Students (at least all the ones I spoke with) still love Sami coming here. |
Online Conference Scheduler Just a reminder to have your schedules setup by the end of the week because we will be emailing parents over the weekend that the link opens on Monday November 2nd.
| Literature Circles in 1st Grade |
A Look at the Week Ahead
10/26 Color Run 11:15
10/27
10/28 Make up picture day, Staff Meeting
10/29 Chick Fil A Spirit Night 5pm-8pm
10/30 Students can wear costumes. No masks, face paint or accessories with the costumes (like fake swords, ect). Sing Along that many of you signed up for 10:15-10:45, Harvest Parade out on the blacktop 11:15-11:45
Interesting Articles I Read this Week
Why Kids Still Need Real Books to Read and Time in School to Enjoy Them (Washington Post)

No comments:
Post a Comment