I appreciate everyone giving me input on the homework discussion. The last PLC meeting was the last time I will bring it up until whenever we talk about it as a group at a staff meeting. I will still link articles that I read at the bottom of the blog. Just know I am doing a lot of research on it. If you ever come across any articles or research on homework (especially articles that are pro homework) please send them my way.
| If you ever want to read one of these books just let me know, I have them in my office. |
Casino Night
I wanted to thank you one more time. I really appreciate all the work you put into your art projects and the help promoting it. The art projects look amazing!
| More awesome art projects for Casino Night. This one from Mrs. Buffington's TK. |
GATE Training
Anyone interested in GATE training, the district is having GATE training on June 20, 27-30. If you are interested let me know
| So much fun up at Bernhard. |
Book Fair Schedule
Tuesday, April 12- 11:30- 1:15pm for the GRAND Event- Special day to bring Grandparents to lunch (join the students to eat lunch with them in the Cafeteria). Students must have an adult (Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle, or Parent) with them to shop at the Book Fair.
Kinder/1st- lunch 11:45-12:10, Book Fair- 12:10-12:35
2nd/3rd- lunch 12:15-12:35, Book Fair- 12:35-12:55
4th/5th- lunch 12:40-12:55, Book Fair- 12:55-1:15
Tuesday, April 12th- also open from 3:10-4:30pm
Wednesday, April 13th- open during lunch 11:45- 1:00 (students must have money to enter)Also open 3:10-4:30pm
Thursday, April 14th- open during lunch 11:45-1:0), 5:00-7:30pm (open before and during the OPEN HOUSE)
A Look at the Week Ahead
4/11
4/12 I am at Leadership all morning
4/13 Sami's Circuit Sami's Schedule
4/14 Min Day, Open House 6-7, House of Oliver After
4/15
Interesting Articles I Have Read
Reading Instruction Non-Negotiables Russ on Reading Blog
What's The Hold Up With Ditching Homework- EdWeek
Makerspaces Invent the Future- Brad Gufstason Blog- Great video in there about using 3D printers with spheros. They do some amazing things at this elementary school in Minnesota.
No comments:
Post a Comment